3/30/2009

Opus says...


CONGRATULATIONS ACCEPTED STUDENTS!
I've heard that all regular decision applicants can now check Emory's decision on Opus. So, Congrats to all accept-ees!

Though I, and the great majority of my friends, LOVE
Emory, I realize
that many potential students have other great college options to consider. Don't take this decision lightly, but also pleeease don't go crazy with stress. Just do some research and then go with your gut; you'll likely end up chosing the place where you'll feel most at home for 4 years.

If you haven't done so yet, I strongly encourage you to visit Emory. Maybe you'll even get me as your tour guide! Go here: http://www.emory.edu/ADMISSIONS/visit/visit-schedule.htm. During the month of April, there will also be several panels for accepted students, in which current students will take questions from the group and mingle with everyone. Attending a class, looking at the 3D views of the rooms online and even just exploring the Emory website will also be extremely helpful in making your final decision. If you know what you want to major in, visit the department's website. Look up campus on google-maps to get a feel of the surrounding area. Read all my blog entries and ask me a gazillion questions. Join the Emory 2013 group on facebook, and ask current student questions and/or get to know potential classmates. And, then do similar research for all your other colleges. And THEN, I hope to see your smiling face in August.

I'm very excited to welcome more people into the lovely Emory Community!

Oh... but also, don't give up hope if you've been waitlisted. The year I applied, not a single student was accepted off of the waitlist. However, the last two years, many students were. It really just all depends upon how many accepted students decide to enroll. I suggest you research Emory, so that you can be prepared to accept or decline a possible enrollment offer.

By the way, the above picture was taken by yours truly in the spring of 2006. I already 100% knew that I would be attending (since I applied Early Decision), but just wanted to visit the campus again.




1 comments:

Ben's older sister / your favorite commenter said...

Now we just have to make sure my little brother picks Emory over Wash U (like that's even a hard decision). He had a great visit last week so fingers crossed!